This one day course covers the technical basics of solar PV, starting with a PV module up to a PV power plant. Besides the technology aspects, the course provides an overview of cost build up and price outlooks. The morning session concludes with an introduction to quality assessment of PV components and power plants. The second part of the course focuses on the PV project life cycle and the trainees are taken through the development phases of a large scale PV power plant.
- Technical basics of PV power plants
- the PV module
- basic electronics
- foundation & mounting structures
- PV power plant design
- Cost build up and price outlook
- market facts
- PV power plant cost build up
- PV module prices
- cost build up of Balance of System
- system costs
- Levilised Cost of Electricity (LCoE)
- Quality aspects
- overview of IEC standards
- PV modules standards and testing
- inverter standards and testing
- quality in PV power plants
- Exercise: filling the project life cycle
- PV life cycle focus:
- Q & A session
For more information and registration, please refer to the leaflet and the registration form.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for professionals and organisations striving to obtain a certain basic knowledge about solar PV and the development of PV power plants. The typical audience includes project developers and owners, financial institutions, utilities, governmental organisations.